In 2012 Rose Evans (Te Ati Awa) set up Objectlab, to work collaboratively with others to apply her experience across a range of cultural sector organisations and projects. In this role Rose has worked principally as a Museum Consultant where she has undertaken conservation treatment, facilities assessment, cultural sector feasibility studies, preventive planning in the museum, cultural tourism and Iwi sectors, working with a wide range of NZ cultural institutions and visitor attractions
With over 25 years experience in a variety of major international and national museums and galleries including Te Papa Museum of New Zealand, Auckland Museum, Torpedo Bay Museum, Puke Ariki, Voyager Maritime Museum, Australian War Memorial Museum, Australian Museum and the British Museum, Rose brings a broad range of skills in conservation care and research, collection management, preventive conservation, feasibility for and development of storage facilities and advisory for exhibition display, transportation and touring exhibitions.
Rose has extensive networks in the cultural sector with experience working with a range of consultants, in particular art and heritage Architects such as Mathews & Mathews Architects Ltd, Dave Pearson Architects Ltd, and Salmond Reed Architects Ltd. Rose is specialized in the conservation of social history, art and cultural materials and has undertaken numerous collection surveys, assessments and practical workshops with stakeholders for the cultural sector throughout New Zealand.
- Objects and Textile conservation-Taonga Maori
- Applied Arts
- Social History
- Contemporary Sculpture
- Natural History
- Bachelor of Arts, Double Major in Art History/Anthropology, Auckland University
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Conservation), University of Canberra, Australia
- Master of Arts in Museum Studies, Massey University
- Winston Churchill fellowship 2009
- Getty Scholarship 2002
- New Zealand Conservators of Cultural Materials (NZCCM)
- Museums Aotearoa (MA)
- Heritage NZ
- Interpretation NZ
- Current Panelist for Public Art Advisory Panel, Auckland Council
- Previous Trustee of Te Maori Manaaki Taonga Trust
- Previous Trustee of Michael King Writers Centre
- Previous Board member, Arts Council, Creative New Zealand
Clients have included the Heritage New Zealand, Auckland Museum, Auckland Art Gallery, Pataka, Puke Ariki, Motat, Te Manawa, Te Papa Tongarewa, Torpedo Bay Navy Museum, Wellington Museum of City and Sea, National Library, The New Dowse as well as selected private collectors.